Friday 28 October 2011

5a- Codes of Ethics

These are the codes and regulations in my work practice.

Work Place:

The equipment is safe to be use for music and sound is at correct volume for appropriate class
Ensuring that all surface space is clear with no obstructions or hazards
Ensuring bathroom facilites are suitable and clean/flooring is level and sprung/temperature is adequate with AC available.
Full service to a water fountain as to not let anybody get dehydrated

Students:

Fire exits are known to everybody
Suitable attire is worn for all classes including footwear
No sharp objects worn by students to cause injuries (Earrings, Rings etc)
Children and Parent confidentiality and consent to participate in class

Teacher:

To be aware of injuries or pregnancy before the class commences
Obtaining insurance and CRB before teaching to be covered for all classes and keeping copies
Registers are taken at the beginning of class incase of emergencies
Punctuality and Professionalism
Be approachable for questions and answers during and end of class
Keeping professional boundaries within the workplace
Disciplinary with children to be kept at all times
Training is up to date and to a high standard
Accident form to be filled out if an incident occurs
Demonstrations are safe and correctly shown
Structure of class is maintain of Warm up, Dance and Cool Down


Enabling all these measures are taken on board I believe is an important aspect of teaching. Without the guideline, the standard of classes with space, equipment and discipline would be inadequate. Therefore using and having the knowledge on this information may expand your professional work and may increase your work load. I think employers should enforce these regulations more often. I try to conduct myself to these guidelines. However,  Are they correct? Whats make me think that my guidelines and safety are used everywhere else? Would another teacher take my regulations seriously if covering my class?

1 comment:

  1. I think that would be the risk you have to take when it came to it Sonal. One would hope another teacher would take all these very seriously, I think us as the official named teachers have a responsibility to make sure any one covering lessons re up to date on the good practise guidelines. Thankfully, most of them common sense, but doing this task has jogged my memory on a few points I had put to the back of my mind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete