Wednesday 26 October 2011

SIG

Recently joining the SIG on Facebook has opened my eyes to how many other people have similar inquiries to myself. In this industry the work ethic is high and everyone has to be "in it for themselves." however, when discussing my questions and issues with dance and teaching to fellow students it feels great to know that we are helping one another out.
As to other groups and communities I am apart of, SIG gives me the guidance to respond to my outside groups effectively with the help and opinions of others in the same practice.
I am beginning to share my thoughts from my experience teaching, as this has become a community which I am apart of twice a week. Receiving feedback from a non dancer is effective and helps the development of my career and teaching abilities. Therefore this has also brought me back to reflecting on my work and developing my practice through feedback from non dancer and also from the SIG group.

Using the group helped my finalised my question...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonal, glad you are finding the SIG's helpful in developing your knowledge and gaining the most out of the Bapp programme. Although I have not finalised my questions, I am prety sure it will be along the lines of the sociological reasons for engagements in dance, which required taking into account the views of non dancers. Have you explored into this as your post suggests? What is it that stimulates the non dancer to continue dance as a hobby perhaps? Interested to know your thoughts, I have a sig on this topic if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Sonal that the SIGs have been really useful; I find that sometimes discussions can go in directions that you were not expecting and really inspire or help to clarify things.

    ReplyDelete