Monday 10 October 2011

Dance Education

Educating the world about Dance is a huge subject. Programmes like Strictly Come Dancing and So You Can Think You Can Dance help to educate the mind of people who are not as creative. As I have blogged about the fact in my culture dancing doesn't come under a profession for alot of my older genertaion family, however now I am working and making a living it has become accepted. Shouldn't this be accepted anyway?  I think that it is important to educate the minds of young people as so in later years to come it then becomes the norm for all generations.
Nicole has blogged about dance education and creativity, one subject has really capture my thinking is her thoughts on subjects that have no place in society i.e Surfing. I agree with her on not having a place in society. However there should be a place for all activities in all societies, I stated that in this current generation  is it extremely hard to find the "right" employee/employer. From experience on attending numerous auditions in dancing the person to stand out the best usually gets the job, is dance this is done by outfits or hair. This isn't as easy when attending and interview and every person applying for the job looks the same and as a suit on, but the aspect that will stand out about them is the creative activity on their CV. I believe it shows to an employer that the employee is not just a head strong person but can also take an activity and show different sides to them. At the end of the day you want somebody with an all round ability and if a person can do that bit extra then I find that should be the right person. Being creative is an Art and I believe if someone has the ability then why not take it all the way and make it a qualification. What do you think about this? Let me know your thoughts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment