Monday 10 October 2011

Brainstorming my Questions...

Recently I am beginning to develop my thoughts about my questions on dance and teaching. As a practitioner I seem to bounce between performing and teaching all the time, I am always learning and becoming more creative and stronger in my abilities but of course always have questions on how to enhance my profession. Reading through other blogs and finding out that nearly all the professions have similar enquires to myself which I find is helpful as we can analyse in depth and exchange thoughts with one another to come to conclusions. In particulars Sophie's has a similar in depth blog on her brainstorm.

What should already be part of being a Professional in my Sector of Dance? As a Professional I believe these are the key aspects a person should already have that is practicing their work.

  • Self Discipline
  • Knowledge on sector
  • High Ability in the area studied
  • Some sort of Qualifications
  • Insurance and CRB
  • Attitudes such as Determination and Goals
  • Organisation skills
  • Time Awareness
  • Motivation for teaching and helping other Motivate
  • Health
  • Communication Skills
  • Marketing Skills
  • Business attitude
  • Connections
  • Professional Manners

All these aspects are in dance and teaching, improving these are the subjects continuously I have built and learn more on how to keep these subjects in tact.


What can help my creativity and practice?

  • Knowledge on Dance and being able to have Teaching skills, Choreographing skills and Communications skills
  • Observing the abilities of individuals who have experience in teaching and choreographing
  • Taking classes to keep my technical abilities at the highest possible level for demonstrations
  • Having the correct technology for music
  • Preparing for classes as to know the Tempo, Ability and Standard of students
  • Using various Business skills picked up from experience to advertise classes- Flyers, Business cards
What do I need to know more about to help my practice?

  • Business and Fiance as to How to promote myself and classes? How to build professional connections? 
  • Choreographing for different genres of dance, How can I be creative out of my comfort zone?
  • How can I teach someone with Special Needs? Where can I improve of my communication and patience?

What do I want to know more about as a Professional Performer and Teacher?

  • How can I improve my abilities to gain what I want to do as a Performer?
  • How can I gain bigger networks and communications?
  • Where will my next big achievement come from?
  • Is what I think in the commercial industry what others think too?
  • Are all commercial dancers wanting the same as me?
  • How can I dance in the States and become successful?
  • How can I teaching in High schools and GSCE level? Qualifications?
Developing my questions with my professional practice is all to do with what I would like to achieve.
I believe that all the information that I have created will help me to find out what are the real questions I would like to enquire about and can I come to conclusions within all of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment