Thursday 31 March 2011

Reflecting on My experience- Casting Day

Rereading my experience on my Casting day throughly I came across many aspects of the day I missed out. As I said I had many friends at the casting and also met new people I was networking well.
Having said this, I befriended them on Facebook and began chatting about Dance life and the industry. One of the friends- Victoria Jenkins introduced me into another aspect of teaching. She suggested that I start to take Hen Party classes. When I first heard this I did slightly turn my nose up, with my first judgement being it would just be just a rowdy bunch on woman wanting to dance away. Then she went on to explain that it was good as the woman are there to have fun, learn and have a memorable day and also the money was good.

Later that day I emailed an agency called Magic Steps and sent them my CV and Photo, I got contacted back and was told that if anything came up in Manchester then I would be suitable.
Presumably I thought that it was just one of those things that would be every now and again, nothing to sit and wait for.
To my astonishment, an email came through the next day asking me to do a 14 people hen party in Manchester with the theme of Glee for £45.

On Saturday I went to teach the class and loved it. I have now been lined up to do two more this weekend in Liverpool for more money.

Therefore being unsuccessful with the Fashion Shows as of my height, but by attending and meeting new people I have come across more work. The fashion shows were the work I wanted and they are all year round so my agent may still call me but for the current period I need work which I found in another way.

Attending my Casting made me learn that even if I may not get the job there is always other opportunities out there. You never know who may see you or pick you up for something else. My theory is now to attend everything everywhere and just get my face seen. However, the cost will be massive but if I am working with my teaching I can still fund the journeys.

It does make me question what I could get out of the other friends and what lies ahead...

One step back can be another forward....

2 comments:

  1. Sonal have any of the learning theories in the module helped you to see the connections you are making differently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonal, really interesting to see how your thoughts and views change when you reflect back on a particular event a while after it has happened. Who knows what lies ahead, I guess, for me anyways, thats what makes it exciting!

    ReplyDelete