Sunday 3 April 2011

Reflecting more on my Casting Day...

Taking into account Paula's last comment on my reflections and the knowledge I gained, I looked back into the readers and my past posts to see my differences.


My learning experience was using Kolb's cycle but inspired by Peter Honey and Alan Mumford.


Having an experience 
Reviewing the experience
Concluding from the experience 
Planning the next steps.

Looking back I already used this and instead of planning new steps I have already started them by teaching. They talk about communication and this is where I got my new steps from. 
With attending the event of my casting however not being successful I gained another experience from communication with other dancers and their knowledge. 

This time when I was planning on contacting the company it was Active Experimentation- trying out what I learnt. I gained information and actively experimented it using my friends knowledge and being out of my comfort zone. As I said I am usually a Visual Learner and from this I just took it upon myself to try something new without really having much knowledge of it.

Particularly noticing that I started at a different point in the learning cycle has made me think- 

What would happen if I just tried using Active Experimentation all the time?
Would I be more successful?
Communicating more, Does this help me?
Will other dancers help each other out?
Should I try this with auditions? How would that work?

Many questions came to my head and I believe this might be a start of something different and successful.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment