Sunday, 3 April 2011

Reflecting more on my Casting Day...

Taking into account Paula's last comment on my reflections and the knowledge I gained, I looked back into the readers and my past posts to see my differences.


My learning experience was using Kolb's cycle but inspired by Peter Honey and Alan Mumford.


• Having an experience 
• Reviewing the experience
• Concluding from the experience 
• Planning the next steps.

Looking back I already used this and instead of planning new steps I have already started them by teaching. They talk about communication and this is where I got my new steps from. 
With attending the event of my casting however not being successful I gained another experience from communication with other dancers and their knowledge. 

This time when I was planning on contacting the company it was Active Experimentation- trying out what I learnt. I gained information and actively experimented it using my friends knowledge and being out of my comfort zone. As I said I am usually a Visual Learner and from this I just took it upon myself to try something new without really having much knowledge of it.

Particularly noticing that I started at a different point in the learning cycle has made me think- 

What would happen if I just tried using Active Experimentation all the time?
Would I be more successful?
Communicating more, Does this help me?
Will other dancers help each other out?
Should I try this with auditions? How would that work?

Many questions came to my head and I believe this might be a start of something different and successful.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment