Friday 18 March 2011

Reflective Graph

Collecting all my information together whilst my class was taking place, I created this Diagram for my reflection. This day was at the beginning of my new professional practice- Teaching.

The process consisted of writing all my thoughts down as the class was taking place and then expanding this into a graph whilst questioning how I could change my ways in teaching. I drew up more diagrams throughout the day as my sessions didn't end until 4pm that day. 

Noticing that a lot of my thoughts were similar, they all seemed to consist of the Time, Dance choreography, Children and Next Classes. By creating this diagram, it has helped my reflective thoughts effectively. I now notice when my mind is going else where and what I should be thinking about. This was really good for me to write all my thoughts down as I said it is not normal for me to do that. When doubting my teaching skills it has also enhanced that and I have gained more self confidence. 

However, currently I am doing a Video Diary and I have started a collage to create a new dance piece for my children which is well under way.

This is just one of my very first diagrams-






2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, I don’t think I’ll have time to do this during my class but I’m going to try and do it immediately after. It’s refreshing to hear you gained self confidence from this way of reflecting. I’ll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nicole - it looks like a great way to record your thoughts quickly and link them together. I think diagrams are a great way of seeing how one thought led to another and tracking your train of thought.

    ReplyDelete