Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Rise of the Video CV....

Regarding Rosemary McGuinness notes on 'Digital CV'. I looked more in-depth to the article as I found it extremely interesting, this seems to be a modern way of looking for work. With my own professional practice I use showreels and videos, Maybe now I should think about adding to my Showreel with dialogue.
Taking off in the States before landing here.  Currently everything is about standing out, This article I found uses a quotation from the movie 'Legally Blonde'.....

See what you think....

http://www.recruitmenttimes.co.uk/video_cv_gocv.php

Take look at this, two different video CV's with different ideas. One contains all the professionals and what employers want, the other more of the art and references.



2 comments:

  1. Really interesting thoughts Sonal - I enjoyed watching the video example. The video CV certainly does allow you to get across ao much more of your personality, as well as simply list your achievements. I wonder if it will be considered the norm in 5 or 10 years time? With the amount of technology that most people have access to these days, it seems that there is no way we will still be handing in black and white pieces of paper as a CV in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie, it is so important to incorporate getting across your own personal approach as well as your physical Dance Ability. Showing you are capable of the demands by getting an idea across of the type of the person you are is just so important. It made me think also actually how hard this can be, after all a few seconds to impress someone is not long. All great practise for the video clip we will need to do later on, great post Sonal.

    ReplyDelete