Thursday 22 December 2011

Comparing Interviews...

Recently I decided to interview another dancer who is familiar to this BA Professional Practice course. Zoe Bellemy. As Zoe is a graduate from Higher Education, I felt it was necessary to view her thoughts on my inquiry.

Employing similar methods as the previous interview with Natalie, expected the interview with Zoe was over the phone with the same information and questions were asked.

Reflecting back on her opinions, her idea of a higher education course and qualification was strongly emphasised. Her views that these qualifications will benefit a dancer and reflect on the seriousness of the career. She felt if the subject was going to be taken seriously then the idea of qualifying nationally should be a need.
Compared to Natalie's opinion this is the opposite, I can see why they both think differently as they had both very different backgrounds and career goals.

Zoe had obtained various qualifications throughout her training and dancing. Becoming an associate and  a RAD special in Ballet, which this defiantly reflects on her opinion.
As Zoe has also completed this course she did discuss with me that the idea of this degree was positive and she has received increasingly amounts of employment after.

Reflecting

I do feel that after interviewing both dancers that there outcomes haven't allowed me to conclude as the are both at opposite spectrums. However, if I had interviews a few more dancers I feel I may have got more of a conclusion, which makes me think that the focus group interviewing 12 students dancers is a better option. This allows me to collect more data efficiently, as the limitation of an interview is 45 mins with one person and has to be convenient for both participants.
After this interview I am slightly swayed to employing a focus group for my final research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment