Friday 18 November 2011

5C

Reading through Reader five and consulting the Ethics and finding out what I have learn't has been benefiting for the two previous tasks. Using my tasks and my professional experience I have fitted them into the theoretical frameworks. In the profession where on a day to day basis I am confronted with all types of people with different morals and ethics is very interesting. As a teacher I have to have equal and professional ethics towards adults and children.

In my professional developing practice Deontology plays a huge part, Kant (1779) argues "the only absolute good thing is a good will" that everyone should help everyone regardless of the desire too, which in my opinion effects my profession. As a teacher I believe it comes with the territory to have the responsibility to educate a student regardless of whether your feelings towards the child are good or bad. If a child is being disruptive it is the teachers' role to still keep them on track even if you do not wish to help them. If I ask the children to individually perform a dance move this is based upon my will to personal critic or praise the child for their work. Ages or races do not play a part as this is purely for my personal practice with individuals to develop my own practice and theirs.

Virtue ethics also plays a part in my profession which I am beginning to be more aware of. The atmosphere of the class depends upon the attitude of the teacher, The Being of a teacher rather than Doing effects the students learning and the children's experience in the class to whether their attention is distracted or not. As my classes are underway each time I teach I learn that the students are enjoying and learning more efficiently if my behaviour and manners are appropriate for that certain class.
Therefore this leads to my reading further onto the diagram of Professional Ethics. Personal ethics combines with Professional code therefore ties in with Employment expectation. The behaviour of the professional effects the class and resulting in the position of the employment, having ethics gives you a guideline towards society. Professions within the society are based through ethics and is the foundation to starting new professional work.

The basic key to my learning is that I have been able to slot all my different morals into a category and reflect upon my profession to a greater extent. Ethics are personal and whether your a professional or not we all have them. Using the resources and personal experience that the ethical approach is a whole package of being and doing. The behaviour counts on the action and vice versa.
Ethics has to be within, I argue that everyone does have good ethics to some extent but I am still finding out alot of "Tit for Tat" which I noted in the first module.

No comments:

Post a Comment